U.S. Trade Policy
Balancing Economic Dreams and Political Realities
- John M. Rothgeb Jr. - Miami University of Ohio, USA
What was the “battle in Seattle” over trade all about?
You may know...but do your students?
With John Rothgeb's concise text U.S. Trade Policy: Balancing Economic Dreams and Political Realities, your students will learn about international trade, the political tensions it rouses, and its historical roots. Rothgeb carefully traces the forces that affect U.S. trade policy's development and implementation, including:
* the strategic and competitive international arena
* policymakers' views on the value of trade
* the influence of special interest groups
* the impact of institutional rivalries
Supplement your foreign and economic policy course with a balanced discussion of the enormous changes spurred by the Reciprocal Trade Agreements Act, the Bretton Woods system, and the GATT, to the controversy surrounding current trade relations withteh European Union and China.