Understanding Early Years Policy
- Damien Fitzgerald - Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Janet Kay - Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Education Policy | Education Policy | Educational Policy
Previously known as Baldock: Understanding Early Years Policy is in its Fourth Edition. This best-selling textbook continues to provide fully updated coverage of all the latest developments in early years policy such as the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), SEND Code of Practice 0-25 years and the Children and Families Act 2014.
Exploring how policy is made, implemented, analysed and developed over time this book presents a complete overview of early years policy and an evaluation of its ongoing impact on practice.
This Fourth Edition has been significantly updated to include:
- Full coverage of the 2010-2015 UK Coalition Government.
- A comprehensive timeline of Early Years policy
- Guidance on how to research policy for yourself
- More international case studies, now including the US and Scandinavia.
- New material on how to manage policy changes as a practitioner
- An expandedfocus of the devolved countries within the UK
This text is an essential read for early years students at all levels, and early years practitioners.
Understanding Early Years Policy is a most accessible and engaging read. It takes the reader through the complex network of policy development and makes useful links to other areas of policy; as such it s a book that can be used beyond the Early Years context.
The examples and suggested activities make a potentially dry subject matter come alive and will be most helpful to student engagement of the topic .
This book is helpful in understanding how policy has shaped ECE practice throughout history, to contemporary practice. There are lots of case studies and activities to consolidate learning.
A useful and interesting text
Links well to course content
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: What is Policy and Why is it Important?