The SAGE Handbook of European Union Politics
- Knud Erik Jørgensen - University of Aarhus, Denmark
- Mark Pollack - Temple University, Philadelphia, USA
- Ben Rosamond - University of Warwick, UK
Politics of Europe & the EU
- Provide an authoritative state-of-the art guide to the scope of the field suitable for both established scholars and students of the EU
- Reflect and contribute to the debates about the nature of the field of EU studies and EU politics in particular
- Explore in detail the development of the many approaches to the study of EU politics
Its appeal resides not only in its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the field, but also in the quality of its contributors, and the diversity of theoretical and methodological approaches included. The resulting volume is a 'must have' for all scholars and advanced students of the EU and European integration.
Overall, the Handbook of European Union Politics is a most useful book that can be highly recommended. A strong analytical framework coupled with unparalleled coverage of the major issues of the political science research of the EU makes this volume a formidable tool for teaching and a significant input to new scholarly research. It is both relatively sophisticated and very accessible to graduate students and advanced researchers. The clear writing style and the richness of information presented will certainly make this book interesting for non-academic readers.
Institute for International Relations, Zagreb
Essential book for the course IR. Very detailled and complete information. Can be provided as literature for all papers.
This book is quite comprehensive source about Eurepean Union. Because, in this book, European integration discussed in a theoretical way. This book is a good reference source for who want to learn about both the EU and EU's policy areas.
Accessible and more varied than some of the other textbooks on the market. I liked the less introductory focus and have recommended it for students with some basic knowledge of the EU, who want to extend their understanding.