The Logic of American Politics
- Samuel Kernell - University of California, San Diego, USA
- Gary C. Jacobson - University of California, San Diego, USA
- Thad Kousser - University of California, San Diego, USA
- Lynn Vavreck - University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Timothy R. Johnson - University of Minnesota, USA
Find the answers in The Logic of American Politics. This bestselling text arms students with a "toolkit" of institutional design concepts—command, veto, agenda control, voting rules, and delegation—to help them comprehend how the American political system was designed and why it works the way it does. The authors build students' critical thinking through a simple yet powerful idea: politics is about solving collective action problems. This thoroughly updated Tenth Edition considers the most recent events and data, including rising political polarization, the country’s reaction to changing demographics, and Americans’ growing emotional involvement in politics. With a fresh analysis of the 2020 election results, this bestseller provides students the tools they need to make sense of the government they have.
This title is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package. Contact your SAGE representative to request a demo.
- Digital Option / Courseware
SAGE Vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content and course materials in a learning experience that offers auto-graded assignments and interactive multimedia tools, all carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers simple course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Learn more.
- Assignable Video with Assessment
Assignable video (available with SAGE Vantage) is tied to learning objectives and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life. Watch a sample video now.
- Assignable Video with Assessment
- LMS Cartridge (formerly known as SAGE Coursepacks): Import this title’s instructor resources into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Don’t use an LMS? You can still access all of the same online resources for this title via the password-protected Instructor Resource Site. Learn more.
- CQ Press Lecture Spark: Designed to save you time and ignite student engagement, these free weekly lecture launchers focus on current event topics tied to key concepts in American Government. Access this week’s topic.
For additional information, custom options, or to request a personalized walkthrough of these resources, please contact your sales representative.
LMS cartridge included with this title for use in Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
The LMS cartridge makes it easy to import this title’s instructor resources into your learning management system (LMS). These resources include:
- Test banks
- Editable chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides
- Sample course syllabi
- Lecture notes
- All tables and figures from the textbook
You can still access all of the same online resources for this title via the password-protected Instructor Resource Site.
The open-access Student Study Site makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime. It offers flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, as well as learning objectives that reinforce the most important material.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter1: The Logic of American Politics