- Bill O'Connell - Focus on Solutions Limited, Birmingham
Brief Therapies series
How do you conduct a small-scale research project? And how do you make it excellent?
Struggling with the intricacies of Solution-Focused theory, skills or practice? Wanting to learn more about providing brief, practically-based solution-focused interventions across many therapeutic settings? As part of the popular Brief Therapies Series, this long awaited Third Edition will tell you all you need to know about Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) and more!
This popular introduction takes you step-by-step through the counseling process, providing insight into how to structure and manage your therapeutic work in ways that are grounded in Solution-Focused principles.
This book includes:
- A detailed introduction to the theory and practice of 'brief' therapy
- A discussion of the foundations of SFT
- Exercises to use with clients and/or trainees
- Brand new case examples relating theory directly to practice
- An insightful reflection on the journey of the practitioner
From leading Solution-Focused expert Bill O'Connell, this book will not only provide practical guidelines and theoretical background for the beginner but support and inspiration for the more experienced.
A very good overview of SFT which gives students sufficient information about this theoretical approach to further their interest in this approach.
This is a great book for students and i always highly recommend it for its ease to dip in and out. It is useful for all areas of practice as the examples can be modified to suit any. Students coming for tutorials are familiar with the terminology as we are always enabling them to be 'solution focussed', therofere they relate well to the terminolgy used in the book. This updated version continues to be a useful 'keep on me' book.
Provides a good introduction to the application of brief therapy, regardless of theoretical model.
This is a great book for those wanting to use this deceptively easy yet complex therapy. The book is very useful for those wanting to explore a strengths based approach and is a really useful addition to the social work tool kit.
Preserves the overall structure and intention of the original text, but includes
- New ideas about the SF process clearly illustrated.
- New chapter on The Solution Focused Journey which brings to life those initial experiences that every student new to SFT will face.
- New chapter on tips and exercises for practitioners which has made the new edition much more skills/ action-focused. This new chapter sends the reader away with a set of practical hints and tips that they will be able to put into practice right away.
- Updated references.