"The approach is well executed. The problems encountered by [the characters] represent real-life issues than administrators are faced with and the applications needed to address them."
—Lee W. Payne, Stephen F. Austin State University
Research Methods and Statistics for Public and Nonprofit Administrators: A Practical Guide is a comprehensive, easy-to-read, core text that thoroughly prepares readers to apply research methods and data analysis to the professional environments of public and non-profit administration. The authors expertly incorporate original case examples to demonstrate concepts using “real actors,” facing specific scenarios, in which research methods must be applied. This unique approach—presented in language accessible to both students new to research as well as current practitioners—guides the reader in fully understanding the research options detailed throughout the text.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at www.sagepub.com/nishishiba1e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Nishishiba, Research Methods and Statistics for Public and Nonprofit Administrators. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank, is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank, is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Suggested classroom exercises are designed to promote students’ in-depth engagement with course material.
Use the Student Study Site to get the most out of your course!
Our Student Study Site at is completely open-access and offers a wide range of additional features, including something no other publisher offers:
- Data sets are posted to the website for students to use as they apply their knowledge through hands on activities in the book.
- Sample result write-ups are provided for several chapters in order to give student's valuable examples of how to write your research findings.