Primary Science: Teaching Theory and Practice
- John Sharp - University of Lincoln
- Graham Peacock
- Rob Johnsey
- Shirley Simon - Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- Robin Smith - Cardiff University, UK
- Alan Cross - University of Manchester, UK
- Diane Harris - University of Manchester, UK
Achieving QTS Series
Science Methods | Science Methods
An extensive knowledge of the primary Science curriculum is not enough for trainee teachers, they need to know how to teach Science in the primary classroom.
This is the essential teaching theory and practice text for primary Science that takes a focused look at the practical aspects of teaching. It covers the important skills of classroom management, planning, monitoring and assessment and relates these specifically to primary Science.
This 9th edition has been updated to include a new chapter on creative curriculum approaches.
Practical guidance, features and resources help students translate their learning to the classroom and understand the wider context of teaching:
- Online practical lesson ideas for the classroom
- The Primary National Curriculum for Science in Key Stages one and two
- Tips for planning primary Science
- Useful weblinks for primary Science teaching