Theory and Practice
- W. Warner Burke - Columbia University, USA, Teachers College, Columbia University, USA
Change is a constant in today's organizations. Leaders, managers, and employees at all levels must understand both how to implement planned changed and effectively handle unexpected change. The Fifth Edition of the Organization Change: Theory and Practice provides an eye-opening exploration into the nature of change by presenting the latest evidence-based research to discuss a range of theories, models, and perspectives on organization change. Bestselling author, W. Warner Burke, skillfully connects theory to practice with modern cases of effective and ineffective organization change, recent examples of transformational leadership and planned and revolutionary change, and best practices to successfully influence change. This fully-updated new edition also includes a new chapter on healthcare and government organizations, offering practical applications for non-profit organizations.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Each chapter includes video and multimedia resources related to important topics and designed to supplement key points within the text for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
This is an excellent textbook that outlines change models and criteria for use. I recommend this textbook for the course.