Making the Most of Counselling & Psychotherapy Placements
- Michelle Oldale - Psychotherapist and trainer
- Michelle J. Cooke - Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute
Unsure of how to deal with complex challenges or how to make sure you get the most out of your placement?
Then you have come to the right place! Packed full of hints and tips, advice, checklists and points for reflection, this practical guide will provide you with those all important answers, and more.
Key content includes:
- History and background of the placement
- How to get the most out of the placement
- Wider professional and ethical considerations
- The placement search, completing the application and tips for the interview
- Managing placement relationships
- Planning for the Future
This one stop shop will provide counselling and psychotherapy trainees with everything they need to know to secure and survive their practice placement.
A useful text for anyone preparing for placement. It lets Trainees recognise that they have to evaluate own competency and readiness to go into placement.
This book offers very clear and specific tools which students will be able to implement in their practicum.
I wish I had read this before I went into placement. It is an extremely comprehensive tool for both tutor and student
A book which addresses a little explored but important topic.
Useful reading prior and within placement for learners.