Guide to State Politics and Policy
- Richard G. Niemi - University of Rochester, USA
- Joshua J. Dyck - University of Massachusetts, Lowell, USA
No previous book has pulled together into one place a single, comprehensive volume that provides up-to-date coverage of state government and politics, along with the states’ current and future public policies. This new book does just that, offering students, scholars, citizens, policy advocates, and state specialists accessible information on state politics and policy in 33 topical chapters written by experts in the field.
The guide provides contemporary analysis of state institutions, processes, and public policies, along with both historical and theoretical perspectives that help readers develop a comprehensive understanding of the 50 U.S. states’ complex and changing political spheres. Those who use this volume—from experienced scholars to neophytes—can rely upon the guide to provide:
- Basic factual information on state politics and policy;
- Core explanatory frameworks and competing arguments; and
- Insightful coverage of major policy areas as they have played out in the states.