- Katheryn Russell-Brown - University of Florida, Levin College of Law
- Angela J. Davis - American University, Washington College of Law
An Interdisciplinary Approach
Criminal Law provides students with an integrated framework for understanding the U.S. criminal justice system with a diverse and inclusive interdisciplinary approach and thematic focus. Authors Katheryn Russell-Brown and Angela J. Davis go beyond the law and decisions in court cases to consider and integrate issues of race, gender, and socio-economic status with their discussion of criminal law. Material from the social sciences is incorporated to highlight the intersection between criminal law and key social issues. Case excerpts and detailed case summaries, used to highlight important principles of criminal law, are featured throughout the text. The coverage is conceptual and practical, showing students how the criminal law applies in the “real world”—not just within the pages of a textbook.
?SAGE edge for students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter.
- Carefully selected, web-based multimedia resources feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- Case materials apply criminal law and principles to real-world scenarios.
The SAGE Edge Instructor Resource Site includes the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
- Sample course syllabi provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Carefully selected, web-based video resources feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
“It has an engaging style and includes great examples to help students understand concepts. The authors have done a fine job in making an often ‘dry’ subject exciting for the student.”
“Each of the authors has a fascinating legal background, and clearly knows their area of the law.”
“Good use of cases for facilitation of discussion as well as resources for the student as they continue their academic journey...Great work!”
“It is an excellent book”
“It was a good read, it covered all the necessary topics with great explanation.”
“It is structured very similarly to how I like to teach my course. I like it much better than my current text as it works on the student’s analytical skills.”
“The authors have done a good job of using hypothetical problems, cases, and discussion questions to involve students in the learning process. They have presented the material in a clear and understandable fashion for senior level students.”
“The liberal use of case law to illustrate the concepts, which were clearly described, really adds to the value of this text.”
Chose another SAGE text