Guiding Reflective Practice
- Richard D. Parsons - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Naijian Zhang - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, USA
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at www.sagepub.com/parsonstheory for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for [author, title, edition]. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank, written by authors Richard D. Parsons and Naijian Zhang is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank, is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Carefully selected, web-based video links feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics. When relevant, related questions for discussion are included.
Use the Student Study Site to get the most out of your course!
Our Student Study Site at www.sagepub.com/parsonstheory is completely open-access and offers a wide range of additional features, including something no other publisher offers: SAGE Journal articles!
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.
- Carefully selected video links feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
Excellent overview of the main theories that can be used in counselling interventions. Interesting case illustrations that can lead not only to deep discussions but as well to a more thorough understanding of the concepts.
This is an excellent text book for anyone studying counselling as it offers a concise insight into different therapeutic models. The guided exercises are an excellent way to consolidate learning and the client/counsellor dialogues illustrate the approaches in practice.
A comprehensive overview of counselling theory and practice with a focus on the development of the counselling professional.
Excellent reflective text with practical, relatable cases studies and a strong emphasis on underpinning psychology.
This text does an excellent job of providing clear examples of the actual application of various theories in counseling practice. I particularly like the fact that it follows one specific case with examples of how counselors with different theoretical orientations might approach that case.
Teaching Theories and Techniques course this summer - this text is comprehensive, readable and up to date.