Randomized response is a data collection strategy specifically designed for surveys of a sensitive nature. By establishing a probabilistic connection between question and answer, randomized response and related methods protect respondents who are asked to disclose personal information. Covering a half century of theoretical and applied research, the Second Edition significantly updates and expands what was, at the time, the first comprehensive and practical guide to randomized response.
1. Surveying Sensitive Topics
2. The Randomized Response Technique
3. Design Considerations in Randomized Response
4. Alternatives to Randomized Response
5. Extensions of Randomized Response
6. Analyzing Randomized Response Data
7. Applications of Randomized Response Methods