The Let Me Learn® Classroom in Action
- Bonnie U. Dawkins - Consultant
- Robert B. Kottkamp - Hofstra University, USA
- Christine A. Johnston - Department of Educational Leadership, Rowan University
"Teachers need to begin viewing themselves as facilitators for learning. This book addresses this need."
—Patti Grammens, Teacher
South Forsyth Middle School, Cumming, GA
Follow a teacher's year-long journey to creating a student-centered classroom!
When learners understand how to use their unique learning processes with intention, they open a whole new world of learning. This inspiring book focuses on one teacher's implementation of the Let Me Learn® system, a cutting-edge teaching method that transforms learning differences into strengths.
Over the course of a year, teacher Bonnie Dawkins builds a classroom community in which children understand themselves as learners, are empowered to ask for help, and work together to achieve. Relevant to teachers of all grade levels, this resource offers:
- A widely researched approach that gives students metacognitive skills for life
- Five essential tools of the Let Me Learn Advanced Learning system
- Vignettes in the voices of students as they discover their own and others' ways of learning
- An instructional toolbox that empowers students to excel where learning styles theory and teaching to preferences have fallen short
Through a teacher's personal story, you can explore a student-centered approach that makes a measureable difference in the classroom for both students and teachers, including greater achievement and more productive relationships!
“Teachers need to begin viewing themselves as facilitators for learning. This book addresses this need.”
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: What Is the Let Me Learn Advanced Learning System?