Differentiated Instructional Management (Multimedia Kit)
A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development
- Carolyn Chapman - International Educational Consultant
- Rita King - Educational Consultant, Texas
Help teachers create a classroom environment that engages students and optimizes learning!
Designed around the practical resource by Carolyn Chapman and Rita King, this comprehensive multimedia presentation offers staff developers all the materials needed to help teachers organize, plan, and manage classrooms that are customized for all learners. Workshop leaders will be able to demonstrate strategies that support students' diverse needs and lead discussions on topics that include:
- Designs and guidance for flexible grouping
- Tips for using individualized assignments, choice boards, cubes, and projects
- Informal and formal assessment tools for obtaining feedback, planning targeted interventions, and guiding differentiated instruction
Highlighting 12 easy-to-implement differentiation models that are ideal for teachers new to differentiated instruction and for veterans experienced in using the approach, Differentiated Instructional Management: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development provides:
- The companion book, Differentiated Instructional Management, covering every aspect of designing a productive learning environment
- An 65-minute, content-rich VHS video that features Carolyn Chapman and Rita King discussing strategies for differentiated instructional management, and master teachers demonstrating research-based techniques in the classroom
- A companion DVD with navigation menus and bullets for easy stop-and-search control of the video content
- A step-by-step facilitator's guide that connects the core content of the book to the video/DVD and includes segment prompts, workshop outlines, extended workshop activities, key points, and discussion questions
This all-in-one package is indispensable for anyone conducting training on differentiated instructional management, including staff developers, principals, and district administrators.