The Best of Corwin: Educational Technology for School Leaders
- Lynne Schrum - Nova Southeastern University, FL
The Best of Corwin
The 21st century is here—are you ready?
The Best of Corwin series showcases key chapters from critically acclaimed Corwin publications for a powerful compilation of perspectives on important education issues and topics. This collection offers some of the most important chapters from Corwin's leadership and educational technology books and focuses on 21st century challenges, technology and learning, and cyber safety. Best-selling author Lynne Schrum's edited volume explores the following topics and more:
- Ways to create the new educational environment today's learners need
- How to lead change in schools
- Curriculum, instruction, and assessment in the 21st century
- Methods for creating a safe environment, including preventing cyberbullying
- Assessing 21st century learning: how schools can examine progress and growth
This volume offers numerous tips, strategies, tools, and samples, including a sample Internet use contract and a sample acceptable use policy. If educators are well informed on the breadth and depth of 21st century skills and ways to approach them, they can prepare students today for life, postsecondary education, and careers.
"This 'mini-encyclopedia' on technology and 21st century learning addresses technology integration, cyber law, cyber bullying, reverse mentoring, building community knowledge on technology with resources--websites, lesson plans, discussion questions. This is a great book for school leaders and parents alike."