This introduction to countertransference in counselling and psychotherapy covers:
- Countertransference and the therapeutic relationship
- Different theoretical perspectives and approaches to countertransference
- How to understand, manage, and work with countertransference in practice
- The development and repair of therapeutic disruptions and ruptures in the alliance
- Cultural differences and cultural countertransference.
Written for trainees and practitioners from a range of psychotherapeutic approaches, this book is supported by reflective practice activities, research, case studies and chapter summaries that will help you enhance your knowledge and practice in relation to countertransference.